The Acting Company and the Ohio University Division of Theater have embarked on an exciting creative and educational collaboration that began in the 2016 – 2017 academic year. The following are guest artists and workshops generated through this partnership:
- Acting Style Intensive: Maria Aitken. December 7 – 10, 2017, MFA actors and directors.
- Audition Workshops: Ian Belknap, Artistic Director, The Acting Company. December 7 – 10, Junior and Senior BFA actors (Shakespeare), MFA actors (Audition), and MFA directors and designers (Pitching a Show).
- Devised Theater Workshop: Alex Torra (Associate Artist with Pig Iron Theatre Company). November 16 – 17, 2017. Junior and Senior BFA actors, MFA actors.
- The Sonnet Project: First steps in the developmental evolution of a new work based on Shakespeare’s sonnets with Devin Brain (director) and Meg Miroshnik (Playwright). January 17 – 19, 2017. Students ranging from first year undergraduates through third year MFA’s were active participants.
- Devised Theater Workshop: Alex Torra (Associate Artist with Pig Iron Theatre Company). December 2 – 4, 2016. Senior BFA actors, Directing students, MFA actors and Production Design and Technology students actively participated.
Founded in 1972 by legendary producer/director/actor John Houseman and previous Producing Director Margot Harley with members of the first graduating class of Juilliard’s Drama Division, The Acting Company has performed 141 productions for over 3 million people in 48 states and ten foreign countries. The Company has given a generation of actors the opportunity to master their craft. Alumni members include Kevin Kline, Rainn Wilson, Patti LuPone, David Schramm, Jesse L. Martin, David Ogden Stiers, Frances Conroy, Jeffrey Wright, Harriet Harris, Hamish Linklater and Keith David. Ian Belknap is the current Artistic Director.